Saturday, August 25, 2007

Orientation

I love this time of year. Seriously. I think most people in my office dread the new students coming to campus but I really enjoy it. It makes for some really LOONG days, but that's offset by the good times that we have.

Last weekend we took 44 students to St. Louis for a day trip. We saw the zoo, the arch, the City Museum and ate dinner at Charlie Gittos. It was a great time. Here's a picture of us going up in the arch.


And a picture of the baby elephant at the zoo.



On Wednesday, we had comedian Eric O'Shea come to campus. Here's a picture of the Student Activities Commission with Eric (he's in the back with a blue shirt that says, "A#1 Grandpa").





Today we are going to Six Flags and Hurricane Harbor! Six Flags was the first "real" job that I ever had and I loved it! So, I really enjoy going back there for the memories, mostly, but also for the Screamin' Eagle.

1 comment:

Sam said...

Sam, what is your job title? It sounds a lot like what I did when I worked for a college in Cheyenne. I loved it & when I go back to "real work" (ha ha) I hope to do the college scene again.