Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Breckenridge

So, this is late getting posted, but it's the most exciting thing that I've done in the past few weeks (work, work and more work, anyone?). I went to a conference in Breckenridge, CO! It was so nice there - the weather was cool and crisp and a little chilly at night, but that doesn't bother me. The conference was good, not spectacular though, because I would have rather been outside! But, as far as conferences go, I have no complaints.

Each morning (well, two out of three counts, right?) I would go running, however, Breckenridge is at about 9,000 ft and the altitude was so noticeable. The hotel I was staying at was somewhat up a hill (you could go farther up, but if you went down, that was toward the main town). So, I would run down to the main town area, which, at 6:00am was so still and peaceful - it was awesome (especially since I was rockin' to my ipod tunes) and then I would turn around to go back and have to sloooowly run...then walk...back to the hotel. How embarrassing - I don't feel like I am that out of shape, but that altitude totally kicked my butt.


Here are some pictures of the mountains behind the hotel and the rivers that run through town. I am definitely going to try and convince some people at work to let me go back again next year :)

2 comments:

Sam said...

Ooh, I love "the Breck" as my hubby so fondly calls it! We went there a few times when we lived in Cheyenne & spent one great 4th of July weekend there. I miss the cool nights...glad you had fun, beautiful pictures!!!

Jenn said...

Very pretty! :)

I *think* Breckenridge is where Robin's parents are these days!

~Jenny :)