Thursday, September 13, 2007

Dog

I've never used this blog to vent, but tonight I am going to. Each night I take Jersey out for a run and almost inevitably our neighbors' dog is out -- loose. I like this neighbor, so I have never said anything (which I should, I know) but they let the dog roam the neighborhood. The dog doesn't hurt anything, so that's fine, however, when we are running, this dog runs along with us (usually on the other side of the road) and makes Jersey jump and pull on the leash, which I hate.

See, we have spent countless hours in doggie training class, and at this point I have Jersey trained pretty well on how to run on a leash. Left to her own devices, she does a fairly good job. However, upon the arrival of this neighbor dog, she goes INSANE. It becomes fairly impossible to keep her under control. On top of this, I really value my running time (even though I HATE to run --- how does this make sense?) and don't want to be bothered with trying to make her heal, so I loathe the effect this dog has on Jersey.

There, OK, I have said my piece and I won't worry about it from now on. Maybe another route is in order - one that doesn't go past this dog's house? I don't want to have to change my route, though. I value order and really like the route we take now. Hmm....things to ponder.

No comments: